Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Cell Phone Lot by Stephanie Elliot: Book Review

This was a predictable, sweet short story with likable characters and plenty of hope. It was exactly what I was looking for today, and once I'd finished, I just felt happy.

Grant and Bridge have a chance meeting at the cell phone waiting area at the airport, and a flight delay gives them an opportunity to hang out at the bar and share a few beers. One thing leads to another and before they know it, they're hooked on each other. But there's a catch. Grant is at the airport waiting on an online date he was meeting for the first time. And Bridge is still hurting from a recent breakup. What do they do?
 
The characters were so sweet, and about as developed as you'd expect in a short story. I liked the modern setting; it felt relevant and believable. Just a good afternoon read.

At the time of this review, this short story was available on Amazon for $.99 (Kindle), or you can borrow it for free via Amazon Prime. Check it out here

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! I just saw it! I have a FB page you might like with lots of books I feature/give away -- Manic Mommy Reviews & Reads -- http;//www.tinyurl.com/mmfbbooks and also another full length novel out called What She Left Us. Thank you so much for reviewing The Cell Phone Lot! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I'm so honored that you saw it and took the time to comment. I have "liked" your FB page and look forward to keeping up with it. Now, to add What She Left Us to my Goodreads list.... (Thank you!)

      Delete