Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Dream Dark (Caster Chronicles #2.5) by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl: Book Review

I liked this story, mostly because I really like the character of Link. I was, however, quite disappointed that Dream Dark isn't told from Link's POV, but rather, from Ethan's. Don't get me wrong, I love Ethan too, but I felt it was not Ethan's tale to tell. It would have been far more entertaining coming from Link's brain. It actually took me a couple of screens (on Kindle) to figure out that it wasn't Link speaking.

Anyway, it's a nice addition to the story, but doesn't really add much to the overall tale. It still leaves one confused about what in the world Ridley was doing at the end of book two, and I wasn't quite sure what Macon's point was in sending Link on this errand. Did he mean for Link to die? Or did he know what was going to happen? This could have been fleshed out a bit more without giving away too much from book three, I feel.

If you read this on a Kindle, expect it to end around the 42% mark. The rest is just a sneak peak of book three. It ends abruptly and leaves you wishing it was longer. I would much rather have had 200 pages of this story than the first 200 pages of book two. Overall though, four stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment