Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

ENJOY Sulfate-Free Luxury Shampoo & Conditioner: Product Review

This shampoo is nice and very rich. It's supposed to be sulfate free, though it lists Olefin Sulfonate, a surfactant, as the second ingredient. I'm no chemist, but it sounds like that may be similar to a sulfate, or possibly a derivative of one. It lathers, which I wasn't expecting; the other sulfate-free products I've used in the past do not lather at all. (Maybe this is what the Olefin Sulfonate does? As I said, I'm not a chemist.)

The shampoo is very concentrated. It truly only takes a tiny amount, which is nice because it's so expensive. I've found that if I thoroughly soak my hair for at least one full minute, even up to 90 seconds, before applying the product, it requires less to do the job. I currently have a very short bob cut, and I typically use a dime-sized dot of shampoo.


The conditioner is very thick, and if I don't rinse thoroughly, it can leave residue in my hair that causes it to be limp and dull. It will also coat the bottom of my shower; I almost slipped and fell the first time I used the conditioner and obviously didn't rinse the shower down well enough. I've found that it seems to rinse best if I use the coldest water I can stand. That also seems to seal in the moisture and make it shinier. It seems to be fantastic at taming my frizz-prone hair though, which is great.

I don't really notice the scent of either the shampoo or the conditioner, so I suppose they must both be light and/or unobtrusive. At any rate, the scent isn't unpleasant. 

I do believe that regular use of this shampoo and conditioner lengthens the life of my hair color and shine. 

At the time of this review, these two products (10.1 oz. each) were available on Amazon.com for $28.98. You can purchase them here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment