Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (Caster Chronicles #1): Book Review

This story was better than I expected. I enjoyed the modern-day, sleepy Southern town setting. I definitely related to that. The characters were likable and believable. I liked the term Caster and enjoyed the witchy lore part of that. My favorite parts were the flashback scenes to the Civil War days. Incidentally, those are my favorite parts in The Vampire Diaries TV series.

A friend and I just rented the Beautiful Creatures movie and watched it this past weekend and I tell ya, I'm so thankful I didn't pay money to see it in the theaters. It was awful. And I'm positive that if I had not already read the book, I'd have absolutely no idea what was going on in the movie. So if you haven't watched it, don't bother. Just stick with the books.

I will probably read on in this series. It's entertaining and easy to read, with good pacing, an interesting plot and good character development.

No comments:

Post a Comment