Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Kiss of Life (Kiss Trilogy #2.5) by Debbie Viguié: Book Review

Kiss of Life is a very short addition to the trilogy, telling a bit of the back story of the Baron. It was too short, however, and really didn't answer any questions. It was interesting to see a bit of where he came from, but the glimpse was so tiny that I didn't feel it really added much to my overall understanding of the characters or the story. In fact, it took me the entire reading to even remember who the Baron was and why I was even reading about him. I wish it had been longer.

I tend to dislike these sorts of publications because they seem to be just ploys for more money. Even at $.99 on Kindle, I felt like it was a bit much for just a 40-or-so-page read that didn't add anything to the story. If you really fee compelled to tell a tiny tidbit of a minor character's story, why not put it in the epilogue of the previous book? Or even the prologue of the next one? I couldn't get it out of the library so I just paid my dollar and read it. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment