Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Downer Abbey and Idiots on GetGlue

I just finished watching season three of Downton Abbey, and I've decided they should change the title to Downer Abbey. What in the world?! I don't want to spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it, but OMGoodness! Why, Julian Fellowes, why?!

Speaking of spoilers, let me just rant here for a moment. (Right now I'm the Rantin' Maven rather than the Ravin' Maven.) Nowadays, most people have DVRs, am I right? So, if you're like me, you don't ever get a chance to actually watch the show when it first airs. I'm lucky if I get to see it within three months of its airing. I don't know many people who actually do get to watch a show live. (I couldn't even tell you when my favorites come on. I just set the DVR and when I go look for them, they've magically appeared.) So, DON'T SPOIL IT FOR US! I love GetGlue. I love getting the stickers (although I never know what to do with them once they arrive). So I check in to GetGlue when I finally get around to watching my shows. I usually do it as soon as I sit down to watch. And once you check in, you get the screen that shows everyone's comments who have recently checked into that same show, right? Well three times now in one month, things have been spoiled for me by idiots on GetGlue!! Once was with The Vampire Diaries (I now know who has recently died even though I still have not gotten that far in the episodes, so now I'm just watching and waiting for it to happen.), and the other two were with Downton Abbey. I'm so frustrated! So I knew it was going to happen before it did, and the entire last (double) episode was a downer for me. It was made worse because Mr. Maven did not know exactly what happens, but he knew something was up because of my being spoiled by idiots on GetGlue. So the experience was kind of ruined for him too. So just don't do it. If you get to watch the episode as it airs originally, good for you. But don't run to a social network and blab to the world, because someone might just be checking in so she can get the limited-time sticker, but is delayed in watching because she's got to put her baby to bed. She doesn't want to know!

So now I don't know if I want to watch season four of Downton Abbey. (But you know I will because how could I not? The show is amazing.) I just don't see how they can do it now! Which way is the story going to go? Oh how I love this show.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go now and rent season one. You must. Your life is not complete yet. And once you've done that, come back and thank me. Here it is on Netflix. Here it is on Amazon Prime Instant Video (free for Amazon Prime members!). You're welcome. Just don't check into GetGlue yet. There are idiots on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment