Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Melissa McCarthy Makes Me Snort-Laugh

So I went to the movie theater with my husband around Christmas-time, when we had family in town who could stay at home and watch the knuckleheads (which is rare). He wanted to see The Hobbit and I was all, "Yeah, okay, it gets me out of the house and I've actually read the book," (albeit YEARS ago) so we went. Movie previews are my favorite part of any theater experience (but don't make me sit through them at home, when I'm trying to watch a movie on DVD or Blu-Ray, for goodness sake! And don't subject me to those dumb commercials even before the previews. Yes, I know they're commercials; you can't fool me. It's a delicate thing, trying to time your arrival perfectly so as to miss the annoying commercials trying to sell you stuff, but still getting there in time to see the trailers, you know.), so I was really paying attention. I was thrilled to see not one, BUT TWO trailers for upcoming movies starring my new favorite girl-crush, Melissa McCarthy. Seriously. I'm in love with her. Anyone who can make me snort-laugh out loud (multiple times) in a 90-second movie promo is golden. Needless to say, we've already seen Identity Thief, and I've marked my calendar for The Heat (June 28-why-are-you-making-me-wait-that-long?!). I'm not exaggerating when I say I've watched the trailer for that movie about 283...or 4 times. For real. And it doesn't get old. I think you should watch it now.

Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy play misfit FBI agents who are difficult to work with. No one likes them. No one wants either of them as a partner. So, of course, they're forced to work together and hilarity ensues. Seriously, Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy together in one movie? Yes, please!

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment