Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Dog-Gone (Pax Arcana #0.9) by Elliott James: Book Review

This one was, in my opinion, the least of the five prequel vignettes to Pax Arcana Book 1, CharmingDog-Gone is about a strange, magic voo-doo man and a pack of Hell Hounds. It was disjointed and difficult to follow, and I'm not quite sure I got the complete picture James was intending to paint. There was zero character development and very little plot. The ending was abrupt and unsatisfying. All in all, not worth the $1.99 price. The author should have made all five of these vignettes available for free on his website. That would have garnered him more fans, for sure.

I will still read book two, which was published a couple of months ago, and I look forward to it. But only because I like the story line and I love the author's writing style. I don't love these money-grabbing vignettes that don't further the plot at all. If your local library carries the e-book versions, just get yours there. I was not that fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment