Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Manuka Honey Hand & Nail Cream: Product Review

I purchased this hand cream, Manuka Honey Hand and Nail Creme by Wild Ferns, on the recommendation of my mother. I have apparently inherited her dry skin, which gets worse in the winter. It's not quite winter here yet, but we have had several days that are cold and dry enough to cause my hands to peel, crack, and bleed. After using this product at least once, sometimes twice, per day for over two weeks, I can say it definitely soothes and heals. It took only about 24 hours to heal the first cracks, and my hands have so far not been dry, peeling, or cracked since then.

The cream absorbs quickly and leaves your hands soft for hours, without being greasy. And it does not take a large amount to do the job. I cannot tell a difference in my cuticles or nails, though I have always had fairly healthy cuticles and strong nails. So on that, I cannot really comment.

My mother reports that after about a month of regular use, this product has caused several surgical scars to fade and even disappear. Apparently honey has healing properties, and Manuka honey is especially good for such.

The only downside for me is the smell. It is VERY strong. It smells of floral/honey, which makes sense of course, but I was not expecting it to be quite so strong. I'm not normally a floral scent lover; I prefer the fruity ones, so it took me several days to get over my aversion to the scent of this hand cream. If that doesn't bother you, then this may be the cream for your dry, injured skin.

At the time of this review, a 2.87 ounce tube was available on Amazon for $13.60 (Amazon Prime).

No comments:

Post a Comment